Awesome Blues & Tasty Brews
The 2013 UnTapped Blues and Brews Festival is bringing bands from across the land to Kennewick for the 17th annual UnTapped Blues and Brews Festival. This year we will have 20% more music... more bands... more awesome brews!! Our main stages will feature:
- The Love Dogs. Voted "Best New England Band”. The Love Dogs are Part Rat Pack party, part 20th century musical encyclopedia, and part revival meeting.
- The Soul of John Black. A groove-laden mix of classic soul, funk, blues, hip-hop and more, featuring the former Fishbone and Miles Davis sidekick – John Bigham.
- Kevin Selfe and the Tornadoes. Cascade Blues Association Hall of Fame Inductee and a four-time Muddy Award winner for Blues Act of the Year.
- Wired! Band. WINNER of the 2012 International Blues Challenge on Beale St. in Memphis. "Outstanding showmanship..highly recommended... " Big Bill Morganfield.
- Markus James & the Wassouri. “Profoundly world blues passage... Malian traditional tunes and Delta blues." BILLBOARD MAGAZINE.
- The 24th Street Wailers. “This is just great, gritty, fun, live stuff” says Elwood Blues (Dan Aykroyd), Host of the House of Blues Radio Hour
Joining our national blues acts will be high-energy regional bands including:
- Shoot Jake (untamed, high energy blues)
- The Stacy Jones Band (Harp, Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard…she does it ALL!!!)
- Millionaires Club (gravelly rock-a-billy blues)
- Rafael Tranquilino Band (hard driving, power trio full of fun and passion)
- James King and the Southsiders (rock’n blues that will knock you over)
- The Clover Island Stage will feature the International Blues Challenge for local bands completing to represent Washington at the 2014 contest in Memphis, Tennessee.
- The “Hometown Stage” will feature the Dara Quinn Project, Tom Ganoza and the Millionaires Club, BlackWater, and Tuck Foster and the Mossrites
More than 30 breweries serving at least 70 choice brews will be at UnTapped this year. The Festival in 2012 hosted a range of micro breweries including Ice Harbor, Atomic, Rattlesnake, Whistran, Laht Nappur, and Horse Heaven Hills, Paradise Creek, Deschutes, Iron Horse, Snipes, Full Sail, Rouge, Fish, Paradise, and Yakima Craft, Lost Coast, Sierra Nevada, Diamond Knot, Ninkasi, Mad River, and Stone. Big and small we love them all…and this year we will be have 20% larger tasters giving you an opportunity to realize the full flavor of participating breweries.
In association with the Mid-Columbia Zymurgy Association we will offer Fest goers a “homebrew” beer brewed for UnTapped and conduct the fifth annual “People’s Choice” Award for the favorite breweries attending the festival. Past winners have included Ice Harbor Brewery, Iron Horse Brewery, Old School House Brewery, Snipes Mountain Brewery, Full Sail Brewery, and Whistran Brewery.
Clover Island Inn will again be our Blues Weekend Headquarters and the Inn is offering a special rate that will chase your financial blues away. This year we offer convenient on-site camping with special rates at the Benton County Fairgrounds.
This year's charity partner is Camp Patriot. Camp Patriot transforms the lives of wounded and disabled veterans through unique outdoor programs.More music, more beer yet no change in the cost of tickets!! Ticket prices for Saturday's UnTapped remain unchanged for the sixth consecutive year.
"Diamond Dave" Nichols - Festival Organizer
What People Say About UnTapped . . .